Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My favorite breakfast bowl

I have been eating this a lot recently. I created it for a breakfast bowl but it could be eaten for lunch or dinner too. It is delicious and I have even packed it to go. (Once I even ate some when I was stuck in morning traffic on my way to Beverly Hills for work...)


So all you will need is:


  1. A batch of cooked spaghetti squash which you can prepare in bigger batches ahead of time and just warm it up in the frying pan or microwave. How to prepare spaghetti squash. Add some salt, olive oil and fresh herbs to taste if you like.
  2. Some fried ground beef or bison. Add salt to taste. You could also use any other leftover meat.
  3. Sauerkraut or other fermented vegetables
  4. Sliced olives (check ingredients so they are AIP compatible if following AIP)
  5. You can also add any leftover salad or veggies or sliced avocado is delicious on it too.


Pur spaghetti squash in the bowl and top it with all the other ingredients. Enjoy!

PS. This would make an excellent camping or travel food too that you could prepare ahead of time and eat cold or find a way to warm it up. Don't heat the fermented veggies though, keep them separate. Heating would destroy beneficial bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment